Dryer Vent Cleaning
Thorough cleaning of your dryer and vent system requires special brushes. Vacuum attachments alone, do not work as well. They are not able to agitate the lint, in order to remove it from the walls of the duct, nor can they reach deep enough into the dryer’s lint filter housing.
Reasons to have your Dryer Vent cleaned
- Lint and debris can build up in your dryer vent which will
- reduce air flow, backing up exhaust gases and eventually causing fire.
Ways to tell your Dryer Vent needs to be cleaned
- The Dryer cycle doubles or triples in time.
- Notice a burning smell.
- The vent hood flap doesn’t open properly.
- Longer than a year since cleaning.
- Your clothing and the outside of dryer are too hot to touch
Benefits of Dryer Vent Cleaning
- Improves efficiency of dry time.
- Improves airflow.
- Your dryer will last longer with less repairs.
- Your clothes will dry faster with less lint left on them.
- Clogged vents cause dryers to overheat.
- This process pays for itself.